August 26, 2008

Design inspired by Karen Millen


Summer sales 2007, Karen Millen shop in the center of Stockholm, it became the love from the first sight. From the second sight it became ... a huge disappointment... it was far tooooo short than I wanted!

Well, not being able to forget it I decided to create something of my own inspired by that little cardigan.

I already had the yarn, 500 grams of beautiful golden viscose that I bought in Germany for years before for ...1 (one) euro the whole pack on some incredible closing sales. So I started to look for a suitable pattern but did not find any ready made. Then I made it myself. This kind of sleeves "reglan" I have never made before so it was a great experiment that involved a lot of adjustements and remakes. I am still not quite satisfied with it but I let it be.

Some matching buttons and voilà- a new cardigan!

Later that year I visited one yarn shop in USA and the shop assistant asked me if it was a Rowan. I could poudly say it's my own. Great thanks to Karen for inspiration, of course!

No comments: