June 6, 2008

Bolero á-l`a Carlos Miele




Well, that was a long, long pause. Many things happened in between, the major being a move to a new appartment and it is still not settled yet. During this time some new projects managed to get finished nevertheless.






First I start with some works from 2007.
Somewhere during spring 2007 I discovered the existance of a gorgeous, stunning white cache-coeur by fashion designer Carlos Miele. If I am not mistaken it was from season spring 2006 and I simply fell in love with it.
I decided to make something similar and it was not very easy. Luckily some other girls on a Russian site, Osinka also fell for it and by the time I found this design they have already crochetted theirs. They provided the basic diagram and I adjusted it to my size and cut. It became a bolero instead of a cache-coeur and later I had some problem finding a nice brouch to use as a pin. I finished by making one with beads.
It was very exciting project!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

This is also very pretty! And you have the right figure for it.
You have an amazing talent to crochet clothes with flower or doily motifs...I'd have to practice some more. Thanks so much for the tips :)