August 26, 2008

Going Irish


I always wanted to try to crochet something in so called "irish crochet" but was a bit scared by this very complicated technique that has no precise descriptions.

One time while browsing different internet shops sites I came across a beautiful cardigan apparently in this very technique.
It was not so minuscule as in traditional Irish crochet and plus to that I found an approximate descriprion of a slightly different cardigan.


Crochetting the motives was fun, easy, fast, enjoyable. Yet when it came to putting everything together it took maybe three times more than the crochetting of the motives. And it was supposed to be symmetrical, too! I literally counted every stitch!

It was supposed to be a summer cardigan but I manged to finish it just before the New year. I do not know if I will dare one more time for such an adventure as Irish crochet big piece of clothes but I should say it was a very rewarding experience.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you tell me how to get the pattern for this sweater?
Juliemarie04@yahoo.com

Elisadusud said...

Bravo pour ce challenge. Toutes mes félicitations pour ce beau travail.