August 26, 2008

Black and white ot tatted lace t-shirt








At the same hobby site http://www.forum.hobbyporta.ru/ this time being myself the organizer of a lace competition I finally fulfilled the complete make-over of an old favourite t-shirt, which white parts faded with time.




I saw a book in tatting in a book shop when I was 16 and was blown away by the stunning beauty of this lace. I bought the book, ordered a shuttle and after several days of hard attempts and sometimes despair I learned the basic tatting knots. Since then I use it from time to time in small works like collars but due to its time consuming technique it has been quite seldom.



This time decorating a t-shirt was really challenging as there are so many ideas to choose from. Once I was browsing a wedding magazine and came across a very unsual wedding dress by Vera Wang- white but with a black belt with flowers. I just reversed the colors, a black t-shirt and white cotton tatted lace. The lace pattern is my own, although I got inspired by some old English laces.




Again I was not the winner of the competition but I have a unique garment and already think to relook another t-shirt!

3 comments:

Yorkie Sue's Tatting said...

Helena,
The T-shirt has been transformed! It is beautiful and so very elegant! Well done
SueH in London, England

Toptattyhead said...

Simply divine, Helen!

Gina said...

Well done and very creative!
:-) Gina