August 26, 2008

Baltic waves


On http://www.forum.hobbyportal.ru/ there is a good tradition of organizing different knitting competitions. It is a wonderful stimulant if you need to finish something quickly and I wanted to make something new for this summer 2008.

I already bought very beautiful blue linen yarn and completted it with viscose/cotton. The pattern I found at Scandinavian on-line magazine DROPS. As usual, I do not like following the instruction so I changed it after my liking.


I knitted it in circular needles and diminushed the diameter by appr. 20 cm. I also made it fit the body by several dicreases symmetrically distributed at work. The upper part is my own project.


I have always been fascinated by crochetted imitations of Brugge laces. After several experiments and gauges I created this diagram. It was real fun to follow all the curves of the lace.


Baltic waves did not win the competition but I am very happy about how fast I managed to finish it.

No comments: