August 26, 2008

Vogue Coviello cardigan




Sometimes a sweater is born because you know what you want. Sometimes because you saw an intresting model in a magazine. Sometimes because you have some yarn you do not know what to do with ...


This was the case with a beautiful designer cardigan by James Coviello published in Vogue Knitting magazine. I had some mohair yarn I did not what to do with and then I got an idea- why not to try crochet one like this?


Not wishing to wait too long I took a description in hands ... and put it away! I said probably several times even here I H-A-T-E word descriptions for 10 pages instead of a half-page diagram. Simply not able to read it in any language. While a diagram could be used even from a Chinese magazine.




So having such a description is equal like not having any at all for me. I browsed all my books and other magazines and lucky me! found almost the same pattern in the form of an easliy read diagram. Looking at the picture and ignoring the description actually worked fine for me. In less than 3 weeks I managed to finish the work and mohair yarn did matched this model.






No comments: