September 24, 2009

Wine red bolero






Wine red is one of my favourite colours. Not so sticking-in-the-eyes as scarlet or classic red yet nobody will pass unnoticed in this hue. And in combination with pink it really looks great.

Since a long time I got as present two balls of violet cotton yarn of rather unknown origin and did not know what to do with it. Besides the very limited quantity I found out that it gives away colour easily and it was not a good idea to use it as it is. So I decided to dye it to another colour.

The dyeing process went very well and the bolero does not give away any more colour.

The pattern I found in a knitting magazine Diana from 2006. I am not however completely satisfied with the result, as I find it too short and constantly trying to mode up when I raise my arms. So it is possible I’ll make some alternations later.



No comments: