September 24, 2009

Double Chocolate bolero


Some time ago I spotted out a very beautiful bolero that girls from osinka were crocheting on-line. That actually means that there is only a picture and knitters are making their own versions by choosing similar patterns. Very often the things done this way are extremely different from the original photo and sometimes in my humble opinion are better than the original. Many thanks to the girls!

In my case I used the pattern they suggested and the method of crocheting (in one piece) plus sleeves but had to adjust it directly on my mannequin for a tight fit.
The original was in black and other girls versions were mostly monochrome, yet I wanted to make something in several brown colours so I went for two shades of chocolate: milk and dark. The yarn is viscose/cotton.


As the yarn was rather thick it took barely a few days to make this piece.


5 comments:

ana said...

It looks so pretty.. Can you send me the pattern plzzz my mail I'd is anare_30@yahoo.com

cellisten said...

I would love if you could send the pattern to me too! I will chrochet a bolero for my bridesmaid, and this would be perfect!!
broby_sandra@hotmail.com
Thanks!

anyu said...

This is beautiful! Congrats on making it just by watching another piece...
I would love to make one for the summer. May I also have the pattern, please! Thanx a bunch (tothju@gmail.com)

Helena Torkzadsson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helena Torkzadsson said...

Thank you for the kind words.

Guys, I am sorry to dissapoint you. There is no ready made pattern, as I said, I made by looking at the picture and by trying it all the time on my mannequin for sewing.

Here there is a discussion where people share their ideas how to make this bolero. http://club.osinka.ru/topic-41386?&start=0
If you browse through the pages you'll find lots of diagrams and pictures that help a lot. It's in Russian but you can translate it in google.

Hope you'll understand it. Good luck!