July 27, 2010

My fair wedding. Part 4. The basket

This was probably most challenging of my wedding projects. I have previously received a colorful basket with chocolates and fruits and I had already plans to recycle it for the wedding.


1. First I painted it all with white all-around paint, 3 layers, from both inside and outside.

2. After that I glued hard carton base around it as the basket was too small.

3. Then I took a piece of white polyester fabric, folded it and sew the folds from both sides.


4. Next step was to glue it on the carton base, this was not a very easy task, I used the glue pistol yet I had to be really generous with glue to make it stick well.

5. After that I wrapped the handle with a white ribbon and glued two circles (rather oval shape) of carton and fabric to the bottom of the basket (inside and outside).



The final decoration was a ribbon with ready-made tulle roses.

No comments: