December 8, 2009

Autumn competition at Hobbyportal. Part 1/4. Autumn breeze

On my favorite craft site, http://www.hobbyportal.ru/ , we have competitions in different crafts every season.
I usually participate in those in knitting and lace. It’s a great insensitive and a kick for creativity.

Fall 2008 I took part in the lace competitions Golden autumn and Halloween.
http://forum.hobbyportal.ru/viewtopic.php?t=9860

Here come my works.
Bag Autumn breeze


It’s a canvas bag I got from Lancôme when I shopped makeup for a huuuge (for me) sum of money. I decided to customize it a bit.

The techniques are mixed: tatting with beads (ankars), crochet and irregular net from Irish lace. I used two types of yarn, mercerized cotton, 50 gr are ca 160 m, crochet 2,5; beads.

First I made separate elements, then joined them by the irregular net of Irish lace technique.




















2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is such an interesting mix of crochet and tatting and I believe you mentioned netting? Wow! Way to go! I know it's an autumn them, but the star shape of one design with the rounded tips almost reminds me of a starfish! It could be a beach them if done in tans, blues and whites!

Helena Torkzadsson said...

Thank you for your kind words! The star...euph that was supposed to be a leaf... should work more on the shapes...
The netting I meant I used the irregular net form Irish lace but it is all done by crochet- the brown part. Irregular as there is no real pattern or direction for it.
Hope you'll make a summer bag with a real sea star on it!